Friday 12 February 2016

February TBR

Although it is a little late, sorry about that, here is my February TBR! this month I have decided to choose a longer list of books to read to try to encourage me to read more books over the month.

Prodigy By Marie Lu
Despite not 100% liking the first book in the Legend series, read my full review from January, I have decided to persevere with the series to see if the fantasy world has been developed any further.

Champion By Marie Lu
I really want to finish this series just to see where the Lu goes with the narrative. I really liked how that in the first instalment there was a subtle political theme and I really hope that this is furthered in Prodigy and Champion.

A Clash of Kings By George R.R. Martin
I absolutely adored the first book in this series and I can really see why there is such a huge following behind the franchise. I didn't want to read all of the series in succession because I was afraid that there was a possibility that I would get bored of the story and characters. However, after reading other fictions in January I am really missing the series and can't wait to see if the next book in the series is as good if not better than the first.

Tender is the Night By F. Scott Fitzgerald
As most of you are probably aware I am a massive fan of classic literature as well as the Young Adult fiction I usually review here. I received a copy of Tender is the Night for my birthday at the end of last year from one of my friends. Having only read The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, one of my favourite classics of all time, I am intrigued to see how this lives up to Gatsby.

The Diary of Lena Mukhina: A Girl's Life in the Siege of Leningrad By Lena Mukhina
As well as loving classic literature, I also am very interested in historical literature. This particular book was a Christmas present and is an account of one teenage girl from Russia during the Second World War. Having studied both Russian and German history at school, I hope that this will give me a greater insight into the effects of war on the Russian people.


No comments:

Post a Comment